The Brisbane Lions have Invited nine Coolum Noosa Colts and Senior Premiership player Mitch Langan to participate in the 2021 Under 19's Academy alongside our six 2020 members and AFLW representatives Sari Abbott & Letitia Fox.
Coolum Noosa Colts Marty Kelly, Tallis Buntain, Jed Aitken, Lachie Wilson, Luke Gregory, Max Pekaj, Cooper Ogden and new colts for 2021, Riley Doyle, & Jack Mills join Mitch Langan in being invited to partake in the 2021 Academy program alongside Cian Mallon, Zane Harrison, Cooper Langan, Shadeau Brain and new Colts Brayden Cuffe & Harry Jones. Joining them will be AFLW representatives Sari Abbott & Letitia Fox.
The players will get the opportunity to have their development fast tracked by experiencing elite coaching, facilities, infrastructure and support services, best practice coaching and analysis, mental skills education & training to assist with personal development and best practice physical training to support optimal performance.
As part of the Academy program players may get exposure to experiences that no other talent program outside of the 4 x AFL Club Academies can provide:
• Lions players & coaches at Academy training sessions sharing their knowledge
• Attend Lions training sessions and watch Senior players in action
• Exposure to current AFL game plan & skill development suited to Academy age levels
• Exposure to fitness, medical & personal development > AFL recognised as world leaders in many of these.
• Select small group of 18 + 19yr old's invited to participate in AFL pre-season training
• Academy “High Performance Squad” made up of 16-19 players that are deemed to have some AFL level attributes
• Select 17-19yr old's can play in the Lions Eastern Seaboard team alongside, and against AFL players.
This is an outstanding opportunity for the players involved and can only complement the tutelage provided by Colts Coach, Shane Dawes and Senior Coach Adam Bovalino as we roar into Season 2021.
Congratulations to all!!!